Running Anthropac on Windows 10


This summer I am conducting research for my Master's thesis in anthropology. My data collection utilizes free lists and paired comparison so unfortunately ANTHROPAC and I need to become friends. I spent a couple hours one Saturday morning getting my computer to run the application and I thought that it would be helpful for others if I posted the process here.

(Note: I have a PC laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit, I have no clue how to do this on a Mac although I think it would be very similar. Macs are dumb you should use a PC😝)

You will need to download two programs and open the installer/set up app for each one.
1. Anthropac http://www.analytictech.com/anthropac/anthropac.htm
2. DosBox https://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1 (Scroll down and click the Windows download)

(Note: while installing Anthropac windows gave me a pop-up with "Warning 1909" do not worry about this you will get the program to work without fixing this issue.)

After you install both Anthropac and DosBox open File Explorer and go to your C Drive.
C Drive is found under 'This PC' and is the icon with the name something like Windows10_OS(C:).
Open up C:\ and find Program Files (x86).
In Program Files (x86) open Analytic Technologies.
Right click the 'Anthropac' folder and copy it.
Navigate back to your C Drive folder and paste the copy of Anthropac folder directly into the C Drive.
Rename the folder AnthPac. (The name Anthropac is too long for DosBox so you have to change it to something under 8 letters.)


**If you open this folder you will see the application named APX, this is the Anthropac program file, you will need the file name later, so remember APX.**

Next open up DosBox. It will look like this:

Next to 'Z:\>' type the following:
mount c c:\AnthPac
-Hit enter.

If you typed this correctly it will say "Drive C is mounted as local directory c:\AnthPac

Now you want to open your C Drive, next to Z:\> type:
C:\
-Hit Enter

The new text will say C:\>
Type APX

-Hit Enter, it will launch the program!!


Hope this helps someone else set up ANTHROPAC quicker than the time it took me!



Comments

  1. When I look at your website in Safari, kms windows 10 activator looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to reinstall anthropac recently and this blog was a life-saver. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts